VHUMC Farmer's Market
Great news! Our farmers market will officially open as an essential service on Wednesday, May 13 to provide critical food access for our community. We encourage you to stay heathy and shop safely, while supporting your community of local farmers and food makers. The market will be open from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm every Wednesday through August 26 and will be located right off of Highway 31 in Scouts Square. Mark your calendars and come see the seasonal goodies from local producers. The farmers market is an outreach ministry of the church, and monies obtained from the fees (paid by the farmers) are used to buy fruit and vegetables that are given to the VHUMC Food Pantry for distribution.
A few items of note:
1. The market will be set up with one entrance into and one exit out of the market, both at the “lower” end of the market. Please follow the directional signs that will be posted on where to enter and exit. Our market managers will be there to help guide you.
2. There will be 2 one-way aisles to walk down and out of the market. If you want to go back to a vendor, do not walk against the one way direction, but rather exit and then re-enter the market;
3. The market does not open until 10 am. Please give us time to set up the market space properly and safely, so please do not try to enter the market space before 10 am;
4. If you have a mask, please wear it while in the market space. We still hope to provide free gloves to all customers (the order has not arrived yet), but if you have your own, please wear them.
5. While in the market, please observe social distancing of 6 feet from one another.