The Episcopal Church of the Ascension
We are a parish in the Episcopal Church of the Diocese of Alabama and member of the worldwide Anglican Communion. We seek to make Christ known by our love for all, serving Christ in all persons, respecting the dignity of every human being.
In 1953 The Episcopal Church of the Ascension was chartered as a “Self-Organized” Mission Station, meeting in the Vestavia Hills Town Hall, in homes, and in kindergarten and school buildings. We have been growing as part of the Vestavia Hills community since that year, building a new sanctuary in the 80s and expanding our educational offerings through Ascension Episcopal Kindergarten and Mother's Day Out.