We get it – you want a flexible job you’re excited about, co-workers you enjoy, and work you can be proud of. You can find that at Taziki’s. Experience is great, but not required - we can teach you everything you need!
Being a Taziki’s Shift Leader means you get excited about fresh food and have a desire to serve guests, making meaningful connections with them. It means you step up to the task of being responsible for the restaurant and the team working when your AGM or GM isn’t on duty. It means you set the tone for the shift, whether opening, mid, or closing, and give clear and calm directions to your staff about their duties, supporting or working stations when needed. It also means being able to provide immediate and helpful responses to guest questions.
WHAT YOUR TEAMMATES SAY
“I enjoyed working at Taziki's. I was friends with all of my co-workers so it felt like a family! I had good pay and great hours! I enjoyed learning how to do a lot of things in the kitchen!”
“It has been by far my favorite job. I love the brand and what Taziki's stands for. The food is all fresh every day, everything is made that morning.”
A DAY IN YOUR TAZIKI’S LIFE
Each day at Taziki’s is a little different - part of what keeps it exciting as a Taziki's Shift Leader! You might have an opening shift or a closing shift. For an opening shift, mornings are spent helping your prep crew ready the store for lunch service and preparing catering orders for guests, keeping a close eye on food safety practices and recipe perfection. Before the doors open, gather your team for pre-shift (or even family meal!), and catch them up on the newest Taziki’s updates like a recipe change or a new feature of our Taz Rewards program. You’ll enjoy meeting the great people in your community as you touch tables and help guests with their Take-Out orders - get to know them by name! During the afternoons, managing shift change, you’ll juggle helping on the line while getting a PM prep sheet ready or looking ahead at dinner orders coming in online. If you’re working a PM shift, once you check the state of your team’s stations, you’ll help the team push through busy online ordering hours for Take-Out dinners while giving Dine-In guests great service as well. As the shift winds down, you’ll use your evening counts and tomorrow’s catering orders to make prep sheets for your AM team, setting them up for another successful day!
- Performing opening and closing responsibilities when GM or AGM is not present
- Being a Taziki’s Ambassador for our service, our menu, our story, and our culture
- Embodying our “cafe management” work style by performing store positions when not focused on administrative responsibilities
- Understanding POS (point of sale register) to quickly and correctly place guest orders
- Performing basic back of house functions for all five stations (Grill, Salad, Prep, Roll-Up, Expo)
- Ensuring the quality and accuracy of each and every guest order
- Describing our food with passion and educating our guests on our menu, its ingredients and allergy/dietary alerts for both restaurant and catering orders
- Joyfully connecting with our guests, smiling and welcoming them in the line, at the counters, and in the dining areas
- Maintaining proper hygiene and upholding an appearance that projects a positive company image at all times
- Execute proper Alcohol Handling policies and procedures (refer to state, city, and county policies)
- Demonstrating leadership in assisting with development and training of other hourly employees
- Supporting your GM with assigned weekly operational and administrative tasks
- Maintaining a positive, clean, safe atmosphere and environment for both your guests and your coworkers
- Complying with applicable Health Department standards and leading the team to use safe work practices throughout shift
- Demonstrating a professional attitude and respect for your coworkers, establishment, and the Taziki’s brand
- Flexible work schedule
- Training Program
- Discounted Meals
- Exciting and dynamic work environment
- Opportunities for growth and a promising career path through a commitment to ongoing training
- Must be 21 years of age
- Prior food service experience preferred
- Must obtain Food Manager certification
- Must have reliable transportation
- Exhibit leadership, guest service, and verbal communication skills with guests / team members
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, balancing multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to follow instructions and adhere to the policies and procedures
- Demonstrate sound decision making and problem-solving skills
- Exercise good judgment when dealing with guest situations, complaints and initiates corrective action in the absence of upper management
YOUR WORKING CONDITIONS/HOURS
Hours will vary and may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
YOUR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Being a part of the Taziki’s Hospitality Team includes performing duties that require standing and fast movement throughout the kitchen and dining room. You’ll walk and stand during the entire shift. Your role requires reaching, bending, lifting, carrying, and wiping. You’ll need the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work with speed and efficiency in high-pressure situations.
We believe that great food brings people together and we aim to help people and communities flourish, or as the Greeks call it, “Eudaimonia”, living the good life. We’re defined by sourcing authentic ingredients and serving made-from-scratch meals that nourish our guests daily without the use of fryers, freezers, or microwaves. We’re a team of big-hearted foodies that function like family to make each guest feel at home. We thrive on the words included in our culture compass: Connection, Challenge, Collaboration, Details, and Fresh. These ideals are executed through our mission to create an environment that combines extraordinary food with meaningful human connection. We’re a rapidly expanding brand, named one of America’s fastest-growing leaders by Inc. 5000 in the fresh-casual segment. Having more than tripled in size since 2011, we’re approaching 100 restaurant locations in 17 states and still growing.
Taziki’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer
APPLY AT: https://www.workstream.us/j/tazikiscafe-careers-tazikis-birmingham-park-south-tazikis-shift-leader/p-5638b8de?locale=en&list_slug=tazikiscafe&referer_source=https://www.tazikis.com/