We get it – you want a flexible job you’re excited about, co-workers you enjoy, and work you can be proud of. You can find that at Taziki’s. Bring your focus and your enthusiasm - we’ll teach you the rest!
Being a Taziki’s Assistant General Manager (AGM) means you’re a friendly, energetic and dependable team-oriented leader, with a strong work ethic and a real passion for fresh food. You’re excited about providing healthy, delicious meals for your local community and creating a location where guests feel welcome and comfortable. You’re looking for the chance to build, develop and mentor a team, and you love the challenge of setting goals and hitting them! Come join the collection of Taziki’s success stories and let your career grow with us!
WHAT YOUR TEAM SAYS
“I enjoyed working at Taziki's. I was friends with all of my co-workers so it felt like a family! I had good pay and great hours! I enjoyed learning how to do a lot of things in the kitchen!”
“It has been by far my favorite job. I love the brand and what Taziki's stands for. The food is all fresh every day, everything is made that morning.”
A WEEK IN YOUR TAZIKI’S LIFE
Each day at Taziki’s is a little different - part of what keeps it exciting! Your week kicks off each Monday with a look at last week’s Flash P&L with your GM, deciding how to best schedule, coach, and direct your team to meet your cost benchmarking. Mornings are spent helping your prep crew ready the store for lunch service and preparing catering orders for guests, keeping a close eye on food safety practices and recipe perfection. Before the doors open, gather your team for pre-shift (or even family meal!), and catch them up on the newest Taziki’s updates like a recipe change or a new feature of our Taz Rewards program. You’ll enjoy meeting the great people in your community as you touch tables and help guests with their Take-Out orders - get to know them by name! During the afternoons, managing shift change, you’ll juggle helping on the line while knocking out some of your admin tasks like reviewing invoices, scheduling staff, or ordering product. You might interview an applicant for a job or start a new hire on their online training courses. As a leader of your team, set aside a few minutes a day to check in on a staff member - ask how it’s going, always encouraging them to learn new skills and positions! For evening shifts, you’ll help the team push through busy online ordering hours for Take-Out dinners. As the shift winds down, you’ll use your evening counts and tomorrow’s catering orders to make prep sheets for your AM team, setting them up for another successful day! As the week comes to a close, you’ll work with your management team to check and double-check inventory and payroll details to close out and review another week of performance towards your goals!
- Successfully completing 400 hours of our Certified Management Training
- Being a Taziki’s Ambassador for our service, our menu, our story, and our culture
- Embodying our “cafe management” work style by performing store positions when not focused on administrative responsibilities
- Describing our food with passion and educating our guests on our menu, its ingredients and allergy/dietary alerts for both restaurant and catering orders
- Maintaining proper hygiene and upholding an appearance that projects a positive company image at all times
- Demonstrating a professional attitude and respect for your coworkers, establishment, and the Taziki’s brand
- Supervising and mentoring your staff members and managing quality crew development, motivation, training and evaluations
- Maintaining a positive, clean, safe atmosphere and environment for both your guests and your coworkers
- Managing the quality of your store through by meeting Taziki’s standards for food procedure, service and cleanliness
- Learning to effectively manage operational and admin duties, understanding how their accurate and timely completion creates your store’s success
- Creating staff schedules for BOH and FOH employees using weekly forecasted sales
- Managing weekly truck orders and inventory to maintain the freshest products in the right quantities
- Complying with applicable Health Department standards and leading the team to use safe work practices throughout shift
- Assisting in building upkeep, general maintenance and grounds
- Managing compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as all local, state and federal regulations
- Competitive Salary or Hourly pay
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- FREE Meals
- Paid Vacation
- Exciting and dynamic work environment
- Opportunities for growth and a promising career path
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be 21 years of age
- Minimum of 1-3 years of management experience
- No more than 2 jobs in the previous 5 years
- Must obtain a Food Manager Certification
- Prior knowledge of Profit and Loss statements preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and computer literacy
- Excellent leadership, customer service, and communication skills
- Ability to attract, select, train, retain, and motivate quality employees
- Motivated, self-initiated and team-oriented
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Demonstrate sound decision making and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic, and desire to exceed our guests’ expectations
YOUR WORKING CONDITIONS/HOURS
Position requires the ability to tolerate walking and standing during the entire shift. Requires reaching, bending, lifting, carrying, and must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds to chin level without injury. Work with speed and efficiency in high-pressure situations.
YOUR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Flexible schedule requiring 50-55 hours weekly of physical activity. Shifts will vary and may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
We believe that great food brings people together and we aim to help people and communities flourish, or as the Greeks call it, “Eudaimonia”, living the good life. We’re defined by sourcing authentic ingredients and serving made-from-scratch meals that nourish our guests daily without the use of fryers, freezers, or microwaves. We’re a team of big-hearted foodies that function like family to make each guest feel at home. We thrive on the words included in our culture compass: Connection, Challenge, Collaboration, Details, and Fresh. These ideals are executed through our mission to create an environment that combines extraordinary food with meaningful human connection. We’re a rapidly expanding brand, named one of America’s fastest-growing leaders by Inc. 5000 in the fresh-casual segment. Having more than tripled in size since 2011, we’re approaching 100 restaurant locations in 17 states and still growing.
Taziki’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer
APPLY AT: https://www.workstream.us/j/tazikiscafe-careers-tazikis-birmingham-park-south-assistant-general-manager/p-12b017c9?locale=en&list_slug=tazikiscafe&referer_source=https://www.tazikis.com/