Food Service for Preschool Children - Full Time
Do you love to cook healthy meals for children? Are you looking for a rewarding work atmosphere? Primrose School at Liberty Park located at 1800 Urban Center Parkway Vestavia Hills, Al 35242 is in search of a Food Service worker who can prepare delicious, nutritious food.
Primrose School at Liberty Park is an accredited private preschool that provides a premier educational child care experience. We offer year-round programs for children from infant through elementary-aged school age.
Our menu is planned with children in mind. Some of our meals do have from scratch components but much is ordered from our supplier precooked or ready to mix, heat, cook and serve. Fresh fruits and vegetables are used when seasonally available. We serve children morning snack, lunch and afternoon snack Monday through Friday.
These responsibilities are for one person working independently in the kitchen
- Maintains a keen awareness of children that have allergies and food restrictions. Offers substitute items to children who may be allergic or have other food restrictions
- Ensures food service area and food is free of nuts, nut products or food items that have been processed in a facility that also processes nut products according to the policies and procedures . Checks all food labels upon receipt to ensure compliance with this requirement
- Follows the daily menu prepared in collaboration with or by the Director
- Follows portion control standards for lunch and snacks in preparations
- Is adaptable and implements changes in menus, if instructed to do so
- Ensures that each meal is ready to be served when scheduled
- Assists with ordering food and is able to calculate the amount needed
- Maintains an orderly, clean and safe kitchen area at all times, including the proper maintenance of equipment
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the Employee Handbook
- Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee, determines is necessary
Desired skills and experience:
- Current/Valid ServeSafe Management certificate required
- Previous experience in a full kitchen not fast food
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care and food service regulatory agencies
- Ability to relate positively to young children is essential
- Previous experience in quantity food preparation is preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations